Gilbert Arenas is retiring…

...As a blogger that is. Agent Zero is hanging up his keyboard in preparation for his nth comeback attempt on the court.(I hope for good, both the blog quitting and the basketball comeback)

He has missed all of this season so far after having his third knee operation in 18 months. But Arenas started practicing with his teammates last month and has targeted Saturday's game against t
he visiting Detroit Pistons for his return.

Here is what he said on the interview when asked about his blogging:

I retired," Arenas said in the home locker room before Washington's game against Charlotte. "No more blogging for me."
Really?
Why not?
"It's just like the double-(edged) sword thing: Eventually your words is going to kill you," Arenas said with a smile.
Asked to explain his thoughts further, Arenas smiled.
"I started looking at it as, before, it was fun, and everybody has fun reading it. And then it's like everything I said, everybody started using it as firepower, instead of saying it's just entertainment. You know, people started using it, trying to take bits and pieces instead of enjoying the blog," the three-time All-Star said. "So once I started seeing that, I just started visualizing, eventually, this is going to be the double-(edged) sword thing. It made me and it's going to kill me, so I might as well stop."



Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails